merry and bright (tickets)

I was preparing Christmas cards for mailing last night, and I was starting to get depressed - so many of my cards were dark and sober - where were all the bright happy ones?  Then I remembered - I mailed the bright happy ones in my stash to Operation Write Home, and all I had left were ones that I've made since October.  Still, I've made some bright ones this year, haven't I?

There was nothing to do but print out some holiday digis on some Cryogen White iridescent paper from the PaperTemptress.  I love using the iridescent paper for digis, because the sparkle in the paper shines through most types of coloring.  I like digis for coloring, because the toner prints don't smear.

This card uses one of the free digis from Sliekje - this image is so cute!




You can see that I also used my Xmas adage tickets freebie, lightly highlighted with yellow glitter pen.  I used a yellow bic Mark-it to turn my star brad yellow, too.  You can't tell from the scan, but there is sparkle and shine all over this card - I used glitter and glaze pens all over, and the scanner doesn't show any of it.

I think that is one reason why copics are so popular - they scan and photograph beautifully!

Anyway, I took this card to my computer to scan it and what do you know - that's where all my most recently made cards were hiding!  Sheesh! 

A lot of challenge blogs are shutting down for the holiday, but a few are still open:
Creative Belli - Christmas embellishments
Fairy Fun - star
Fab n Funky - for children
Fresh Brewed - Merry Christmas

Juliet Arrighi

8 comments:

Saskia said...

Oooooh... so cute! Beautiful card!

Lovely to see your work at Freshly Brewed Challenges! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Lynne said...

You're right ... a really cute image - lovely colouring too :o) thanks for sharing it with us at Fairy Fun Friday xx Lynne and the FFF Team xx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

AWW!!! This is just darling!!! I love the sweet image!

Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges.
Merry Christmas!

Emma H said...

Aw, so cute. (I love those free images too!) Thanks for playing along with Fab N funky

Danise said...

You have been very busy...as usual.Just stopping in to say hello and thanks for the tickets and great ideas!

Vicky said...

adorable card , merry and bright :)cool use of your handmade tickets too :)

Suzi Mac said...

Such a sweet card. Love the tickets and the image. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

joy said...

Great card, love how the clips hold the tickets.